What is Isomalt?
Isomalt is a processed sugar substitute made from sugar beet. By treating it with enzymes, it is safe for the teeth, suitable for diabetics and has 50% less calories than table sugar. It has a melting point of 145*C to 150*C and can be melted without the addition of water.
Precautions when working with liquid Isomalt; remember to take great care as it can cause serious burns if spilled onto the skin.
Isomalt Basic recipe for sugar pulling
60g liquid glucose
- Place the Isomalt in the saucepan. Add a small amount of water to speed up the boiling process.
- Stir continuously with a spoon over a low heat until all the granules have dissolved.
- Increase the heat and bring to boiling point, add the liquid glucose, and bring back to boiling point. Place a thermometer into the solution and continue to boil until the solution reaches 180°C. Even at this temperature Isomalt will remain clear.
- Dip the base of the saucepan into cold water to arrest the heating process and prevent the temperature from continuing to rise.
- At this point liquid food colour can be added to make the desired colour.
- Pour the melted isomalt onto a lightly-oiled marble slab and allow to set. When cold, break into pieces and store in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- If required, place the pieces under the hot lamp to make soft and pliable.
- When soft and pliable the Isomalt can be pulled and shaped or blown into the required shape.
Note: this item has been repacked in a facility that processes nuts, tree nuts, wheat, eggs and dairy.
Do you want to add this item to your wishlist?
Add to wishlist
Silicone Measuring Cup - 1 Cup
Silicone Measuring Cup - 2 Cup
Assorted Gem Set 1 Silicone Mold
Gem Mould Assortment - Medium
Confectioners Choice White Rolled Fondant. 2.5 kg
C2 - Crystal Clear Premium Side Gusset Cookie Bag - 1.2mil/pack
C0- Crystal Clear Premium Side Gusset Cookie Bag - 1.2mil/pack
Karo Light Corn Syrup - 1 Gallon
Would you like to shop in US Dollars?
No thanks, I'd like to proceed in Canadian Dollars.
Just add Flour™ to keep up to date.